Thursday 16 February 2012

Encouragement and focus

I was looking for a definitive passage that would combine spirituality with exercise and I found this from the message bible:

"You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. Your after one that's gold eternally.

I don't know about you but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself." (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

This is a great passage and has jumped up my list of favourite passages. Recently at our home group at church we did the armour of God and I loved the shoes of readiness and how we have to live ready so as not to miss out. This passage then backs it up and includes focus for Christians.

We aren't just getting fit for the short term, where we look good or perform well, we are getting ready, ready for whatever we are going to encounter, ready for Jesus to come back to earth.   


No comments:

Post a Comment